Monday, April 09, 2007

Honest is the best policy?

Honesty may be the best policy. But honesty is not the most accepted policy. People expect you to be honest, but when you are honest… they just don’t accept it. The reason I say this, well… let me tell you in detail…

I am a honest person. I don’t hold stuff in. if a person asks me something, I say what I feel. Like I said, I don’t hold back. For example, a person asks me what I think of that person. And I give an honest opinion. If that person is a pampered, spoilt, rich kid who has no idea whatsoever what a hard life is, but thinks he/she does because he/she is going through a breakup, I say that he /she is a pampered, spoilt, rich kid who has no idea whatsoever what a hard life is, but thinks he/she does because he/she is going through a breakup. OR if a person is a self absorbed, self centered ego maniacal bitch/bastard, I say that he/she is a self absorbed, self centered ego maniacal bitch/bastard. This is wrong… apparently. I am, in fact, supposed to form an opinion, keep it to myself, take the opposite, sugar coat it, and blurt out the opposite, sugar coated one. No, it’s true. I’m not kidding… seriously. That, apparently is how we should voice our opinions. This was brought up by a friend of mine, who thinks life is all about bunnies and cuddly little soft toys. She MIGHT be one of the aforementioned descriptions of people.

Why the hell ask an opinion in the first place? That is what bothers me. If I ask an opinion of someone, I expect to be answered in full honesty. And that’s why I answer THEM (whoever) the way I do. But I end up being “harsh”. So, ok, maybe I am. But this is me. If you are gonna ask me, u better be ready for some truth. So, if you think about it… the truth DOES hurt, doesn’t it? Because we all know what we really are… but when we ask someone what they think of us, its really a test. “am I putting out the right image?” “do they know me for who I am or who I show them I am?” If you wanna hide who you are so much, … stay indoors.

If society wants wool put over its eyes on purpose, I say change the saying that honesty is the best policy. I say nowadays… honesty is the ‘not so smart’ policy. ‘coz they’ll say be honest, but what they really mean is “tell me what I wanna hear”. Well, you might as well, impale me with a hot iron, 'coz that never gonna happen.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah.. so true! and what u wrote abt u.. its very true too..
yea.. like u said.. truth hurts.. and being too honest.. makes u a very harsh person. kekeke.. good one dooodu!!!

Unknown said...

are u talkin about me O_O?

well even if u are, i really do very mch love ur opinion of me. :D
tis the bestest opinion i ever got so far. and i speak the truth :P

Ahmed Karam said...

@ bulha.. no you dont!!

i have a few things to say to some people but im just too much a pussy to say so...
so if the people who think they should get an oral beating from me consider one given (without me actually giving it to you)

Unknown said...

yes i do bandey! pfft!

Anonymous said...

Honesty is one f*cked up policy I'd say. No one follows it.

But, I love to blurt out the truth when it's bitter. No sugar coats whatsoever!

*evil laugh!* :D~

Iya said...

so bandey, u actually HOLD back wat u think coz u think the other person might be "put off" by ur opinion dho.. interesting...

and YAY @ zoe & bulhaa

Anonymous said...

yea.. bandey wants to play sweeet :P

Anonymous said...

doesnt hurt to be sweet and a little sugar wouldnt hurt dho??? honesty is gud... but harsh is baaaaaaaad!!

Anonymous said...

being honest is the best policy.agreed. but i believe there are ways to deal with people. especially if someone ask u how you feel abt her/or his character, u should not burst out with all the negative ideas. hold ur emotion for some extent. dnt ask u to butterup, or speak so called sugar coated things. but still u knw we are human beings dho. should have kind od decipline. we can express the most negative ideas calmly. in a way they undestand but dnt feel bad abt u. one more thing if somebody does so much sins and bad things n speak it aloud ...saying he or she is 'just being honest' thats dammn stupid. i would rather say he or she is 'just being shameless'.

Iya said...

well, i think polite angel may be poilte, but i dont think polite angel is "innocent". goin on abt sins and whatnot

Samahath Ibrahim said...

something i heard in some workshop..
'learn to be assertive and not aggressive'
but then its all in your perception yea.

Iya said...

dragonfly reads me blog!!! awesome!!

BTW.. im not an agressive person... i think..

Shy said...

dragonfly thats a gud saying...and iya..wat?? another article based about my shit huh!!! ok its kool but i want u 2 know..that u r judgin me at my worst dho..i went thru a rough patch i get that and u were my rock and i thanku for that and uno im all gud now...so pls dont generalise my character and use it for ur amusement ok..nyways i think its great ur updatin again:) gud on ya (Y)

alinitkin said...

hey bandey!

so i'm among the chosen few?
yeah, but i could tell you were holding back.
:D


Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy: George Carlin

second best isnt all that bad..
its like... um silver.


ok now am going to read the post

Nynaeve Al' Meara said...

honesty is the best policy when you are honest to yourself...tadaaaaa...
No one's perfect, everyone's got bad sides and good sides...its easy to remember the worst..seldom the better side is forgotten...few have the courage to face the truth which is plain...hiding behind a lie is the only choice left, which is sad:(

Iya said...

oooooookaaaaayyyyy

varah nynaeve comment eh! :D
its true that ppl have two sides.. but i like to think of ppl as a coin. they have two sides and an edge. :p

Nynaeve Al' Meara said...

hehehheheheheh....
living on the edge huh:P